Frequently Asked Questions

How do Residential Villages work?

The answers are in the 'Manufactired Homes (Residential Parks ) act 2003', but in summary; Residents purchase a home in a village and pay a fee to site the home on village land. The resident then has access to facilities and services as set out in the 'site agreement'. The Act provides the rules and procedures by which home sales and site agreements are to be managed ensuring residents rights and security of tenure are protected.

How close is a hospital?

Torquay Water is approximately 4 km from both the The Hervey Bay Public and Private Hospitals. The hospitals are across the road from each other. Although Ambulance Queensland have been given the gate code, If you do call an Ambulance it may be wise to open the front gate and direct them to the home.

Am I able to have a pet?

Yes any pet that can not disturb your neighbours right to quiet enjoyment of the village will be approved. However there are residents who have bought homes in the village at a time when pets were strictly not allowed. This makes approving a dog only possible if a seperate enforcable legal agreeement is entered into by the pet owner and the village, at the pet owners expence, ensuring the animal does not disturb the peace, and if so must be removed.

Can I have visitors/guests stay?

Yes you can have adults and children visitors/guests stay but you must accompany them to use the facilities such as the pool. Your guests are your responsibility at all times.

Can I keep a motorhome boat or caravan ?

Yes, but they must be stored on your site and be acceptably located for mowing and access and be agreed to by your neighbours. No parking of boats caravans or the like in the visitor car park.

Can we rent our home out?

Torquay Waters agreements maintain the homes must be owner occupied principal place of residence, However you can rent your home through the Village with a minimum 6 month term and fees apply for the village to approve tenants and collect rent.

What other costs do i have besides the weekly site fee?

Costs over and above the weekly site fee are; Electricity, cost varies on use Water consumption recovered at cost (currently $1.76 per 1000 litres) Otherwise the site fee covers all Council, body corp, and regulatory authority charges.

How do I sell my home?

How to sell your home is detailed in the BUYING & SELLING page, but please call us anytime to discuss.

How is waste managed?

Council direct that a full size general, and a recycle wheelie bin are required for every two homes, so every second neighbour shares a set of bins and must take them to the Truro street Kerb for council collection weekly. There is a bin wash area located at the North East corner of the village.

How does the mail delivery work?

The village address is 59 to 65 Truro Street torquay but, Australia Post delivers to your mail box at the front of your house. For example a village address may be; A & B Smith 1 Wayamba Way Torquay Qld 4655 or C Jones 10 Kalora Court Torquay Qld 4655

Are there any rebates, assistance or discounts?

You may be entitled to claim $65 weekly rent assistance depending on your financial circumstances. Contact centrelink to find out. Sales of homes in Torquay waters do not attract stamp duty costs. You may be able to claim approximately $80 electricity rebate each billing cycle . Contact your provider direct to find out how.

What happens if the park owner sells the village?

If the Village changes ownership, your existing site agreement stays in force so there will be no change. You are protected by the Manufactured home (residential parks) Act 2003.

What if I have more questions that have not yet been answered?

If you have any further questions or would like to request an inspection please use the contact options on the home page. We look forward to hearing from you!

Can i work from home?

Only if the business is computer based and no clients visit your home.

Can i have a garage sale?

No! This is not reasonable on your neighbours as it disturbs the quiet enjoyment and is a security concern.

How much is the site fee?

The current site fee to 1st September 2020 is $204.22 a week or about $140 a week if you qualify for centrelink rental assistance.

Can i extend my home or put up a fence ?

Any building work that modify's the foot print of the home should be approved by the village and council. Generally no fences are allowed but screens are. Anything that is legal and is agreed to by neighbours and the village would be accepted. No approval would be unreasonably witheld.

59 Truro Street

Torquay QLD Australia

Blair 0407 800 200

Sherrie 0488 700 600